[Openstack-stable-maint] Preparing for 2014.1.3 -- branches freeze September 25th

Adam Gandelman adamg at ubuntu.com
Tue Sep 23 01:10:02 UTC 2014

Hi All-

We'll be freezing the stable/icehouse branches for integrated projects this
Thursday September 25th in preparation for the 2014.1.3 stable release on
Thursday October 2nd.  You can view the current queue of proposed patches
on gerrit [1].  I'd like to request all interested parties review current
bugs affecting Icehouse and help ensure any relevant fixes be proposed
soon and approved by Thursday, or notify the stable-maint team of
anything critical that may land late.

A couple of notes:

- We are quickly approaching the Juno RC period and, if last cycle was any
indication, expect a slower-than-normal Zuul queue during this time.  Any
help with getting things approved and on its way to merging would be
appreciated, the earlier the better!  We're currently waiting on a fix to
land
in python-keystoneclient [2] to fix the icehouse gate, but should be in
good shape for merges after.

- The next release (2014.1.4) will be the last planned stable/icehouse
release and the release date is TBD for after Kilo-3.  If there are any
critical fixes that need backporting, now is would be the time to propose
them as it will be a while before the next release.

Thanks,
Adam

[1]
https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+AND+branch:stable/icehouse+AND+(project:openstack/nova+OR+project:openstack/keystone+OR+project:openstack/glance+OR+project:openstack/cinder+OR+project:openstack/neutron+OR+project:openstack/horizon+OR+project:openstack/heat+OR+project:openstack/ceilometer+OR+project:openstack/trove),n,z

[2] https://review.openstack.org/123198