[Openstack-stable-maint] Possibility of accidental merge commits in stable backports

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Sat Sep 20 18:14:33 UTC 2014

On 2014-09-20 18:31:15 +0200 (+0200), Alan Pevec wrote:
> Nice one, thanks for the heads up Jeremy. Any ideas how to check git
> history for those?

Not really, unfortunately. Now that I've become aware of this I'm
going to be pressing for some sort of solution (hopefully
implemented upstream and probably, quite ironically, backported to
the release of Gerrit we're running right now).

> But I guess it would have been noticed, master and stable branches are
> different enough.
[...]

Yeah, at least that's how the problem came to our attention,
courtesy of the stackforge/fuel-main core reviewers.
--
Jeremy Stanley