[Openstack-stable-maint] [Neutron] Exception for backporting patch 95491

Jakub Libosvar libosvar at redhat.com
Tue Jun 10 15:56:45 UTC 2014

On 06/06/2014 10:54 AM, Alan Pevec wrote:
>> Caching on metadata agent side offloads neutron-server and improves
>> scalability.
>
> Do you have any numbers with and without caching, to prove "The user
> visible benefit" criterion?
These are the results when cache was tested:

We tested lunching 40 VMs simultaneously on a single compute node.
- w/o the patch the CPU on the Neutron server machine went up to ~40%
- with the there was a peak of ~25%
The numbers are inaccurate but give us an indication there is an
improvement.

> Added comment otherwise lgtm after you provide numbers and 2014.1.1
> freeze is lifted - Neutron still has 96919 and 96920 in the queue.
Added example of how to use caching backend.

Thanks,
Kuba