[Openstack-stable-maint] Preparing for 2014.1.1 and design summit session summary

Kyle Mestery kmestery at cisco.com
Tue Jun 3 13:04:34 UTC 2014

On Jun 3, 2014, at 4:25 AM, Alan Pevec <apevec at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> First release is coming fast and starting today we are in freeze
>>> period, but given the current patch queue[3] I propose we start with
>>> soft-freeze until end of day Friday.
>> I hope setuptools will be fixed today so we can stick to the schedule
>> and release this Thursday, to avoid conflict with Juno-1 next week.
>
> Setuptools issue has been resolved but gate queues are still
> recovering, Zuul event queue length was over 500 this morning!
> Luckily, all but two Neutron patches (see below) have merged and I'll
> send call for testing email when regenerated stable-icehouse tarballs
> hit tarballs.openstack.org.
> I'd appreciate CI results from distros as soon as possible, please
> take stable/icehouse directly from git if you can.
>
>>> Soft-freeze is to allow patches currently under review to get merged
>>> but no new patches should be accepted.
>>> As always, feel free to raise exception requests on stable-maint list.
>
> https://review.openstack.org/96919 and
> https://review.openstack.org/96920 were in the check queue over > 18h
> and I've removed them from the gate to investigate the failures.
> Kyle, both were actually proposed after deadline, could you justify
> them as exception requests?

These actually just landed in master last week. They close a long
standing “High” priority bug reported by the TripleO folks. The failures
are likely due to this issue [1], which may have been uncovered due to
this tempest change [2]. That’s the theory we’re working on now, hopefully
we’ll have this diagnosed a bit better soon.

So, if we can get these two bugs into the next stable/icehouse release,
I know the TripleO folks would at least be happy. But if they slip into a
subsequent release, maybe that’s ok as well.

Thanks,
Kyle

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1325737
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/90427/