[Openstack-stable-maint] Preparing for 2014.1.1 and design summit session summary

Alan Pevec apevec at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 09:25:59 UTC 2014

>> First release is coming fast and starting today we are in freeze
>> period, but given the current patch queue[3] I propose we start with
>> soft-freeze until end of day Friday.
> I hope setuptools will be fixed today so we can stick to the schedule
> and release this Thursday, to avoid conflict with Juno-1 next week.

Setuptools issue has been resolved but gate queues are still
recovering, Zuul event queue length was over 500 this morning!
Luckily, all but two Neutron patches (see below) have merged and I'll
send call for testing email when regenerated stable-icehouse tarballs
hit tarballs.openstack.org.
I'd appreciate CI results from distros as soon as possible, please
take stable/icehouse directly from git if you can.

>> Soft-freeze is to allow patches currently under review to get merged
>> but no new patches should be accepted.
>> As always, feel free to raise exception requests on stable-maint list.

https://review.openstack.org/96919 and
https://review.openstack.org/96920 were in the check queue over > 18h
and I've removed them from the gate to investigate the failures.
Kyle, both were actually proposed after deadline, could you justify
them as exception requests?

Cheers,
Alan