[Openstack-stable-maint] Thread on a more project-driven stable branch maintenance

Gary Kotton gkotton at vmware.com
Wed Jul 30 15:16:25 UTC 2014

Hi,
I am not really sure what to say on this one, but have a few comments in
general:
1. At the moment in master we have to wait weeks and at times months to
get reviews on critical patches, yes, months and that is with begging
cores for reviews - so I am not sure how that will work.
2. The stable branch as of late seems to have been ignored by most stable
reviewers
I am in favor of continuing the stable branch as it is now but I think
that we need to start to chase down the stable cores to do the work. If
they are not doing it then they should no longer be stable cores. It is
all about trust. I just think that if people are not reviewing - say at
least X reviews a month then they should be given a heads up that their
core status may be changed.
Maybe we need to redefine the goals of the project. I really do not think
that they should change.
Thanks
Gary