[Openstack-stable-maint] Thread on a more project-driven stable branch maintenance

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Wed Jul 30 12:58:13 UTC 2014

Hey folks,

There is a thread on -dev about more generally relying on project core
reviewers for stable branch maintenance:

http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2014-July/041409.html

Let me know what you think about it, or better, chime in on that thread.

I'm open to changing the current model. We could just do stable releases
from time to time (warn about release, push tag, be done) and delegate
maintenance of the branches themselves. That would certainly make our
job easier. However I think the proponents for change (1) do not
completely realize the difference in stable and master review, (2) do
not represent all core reviewers and (3) don't realize how much extra
work they are signing up for.

Regards,

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)