[Openstack-stable-maint] 2013.2.2 exception requests

Alan Pevec apevec at gmail.com
Fri Jan 31 10:33:09 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I'm opening the thread to discuss proposed exceptions for the
stable/havana, either breaking the freeze or breaking the backport
rules.
I've two for now:

* https://review.openstack.org/69884 - Keystone: significant
performance improvement, includes db migrations which are verboten in
general, so my first reaaction was -2. But upon closer look, I think
this is acceptable since even without running migration code will work
after upgrade. Migrations are sequential to last in havana (034) so
035-036 could be treated like "reserved for Havana backports" like
Nova did in https://github.com/openstack/nova/commit/ab2c467da951071a8aac4eb6ca032371c69053ab
Of course that means no more db migrations in Keystone Havana!

* https://review.openstack.org/70016 - Horizon: session data type
change - I'm not a Django expert, so I'd like input for Horizon team
to verify Kieran's claims that it won't break existing sessions.

Cheers,
Alan