[Openstack-stable-maint] stable/havana status WAS Re: Question

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Wed Jan 22 18:29:18 UTC 2014

On 01/22/2014 12:47 PM, Thierry Carrez wrote:
> Gary Kotton wrote:
>> I am not sure if it is possible, but would it be possible to have a stable
>> queue jenkins?
>
> I asked that question before, and at this point it's not possible, as
> stable branch commits may affect master tests.
>
> That said, it's something we should explore. Same for milestone-proposed
> branch. If there is a way to isolate it from the master gate queue, that
> would solve a lot of release-related time-sensitive issues.

This would need some really clever logic to ensure that we weren't
breaking upgrades. I think it's something that someone could investigate
for zuul additions. In the general case it would mean zuul would need to
support dynamic queue merge, when we realize we have a set of branches
in flight that actually need upgrade path tested across them.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague
Samsung Research America