[Openstack-stable-maint] 2013.2.2 exception requests

Akihiro Motoki amotoki at gmail.com
Fri Feb 7 11:21:17 UTC 2014

Hi,

I would like to request a FFE for neutron:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/71859/.
This patch is a workaround for a bug that an external network can
become invisible
to non-admin users after restarting neutron-server.
(https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1254555).
Once an external network becomes invisible, non-admin user cannot
connect a router to the outside
and cannot allocate new floating IPs. It break usability much.
According to the analysis of the cause, more neutron agents we have,
more likely this bug occurs.
This means it usually happens in production environments (when
neutron-server is restarted).

This patch was merged in the master two month ago and we confirmed
this patch works well.
I believe this patch is row risk and fixes a user-visible issue.

Thanks,
Akihiro