[Openstack-stable-maint] 2013.2.2 exception requests

Flavio Percoco flavio at redhat.com
Wed Feb 5 10:49:09 UTC 2014

On 31/01/14 11:33 +0100, Alan Pevec wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I'm opening the thread to discuss proposed exceptions for the
>stable/havana, either breaking the freeze or breaking the backport
>rules.
>I've two for now:
>
>* https://review.openstack.org/69884 - Keystone: significant
>performance improvement, includes db migrations which are verboten in
>general, so my first reaaction was -2. But upon closer look, I think
>this is acceptable since even without running migration code will work
>after upgrade. Migrations are sequential to last in havana (034) so
>035-036 could be treated like "reserved for Havana backports" like
>Nova did in https://github.com/openstack/nova/commit/ab2c467da951071a8aac4eb6ca032371c69053ab
>Of course that means no more db migrations in Keystone Havana!
>
>* https://review.openstack.org/70016 - Horizon: session data type
>change - I'm not a Django expert, so I'd like input for Horizon team
>to verify Kieran's claims that it won't break existing sessions.

I'd also like to request an exception for[0]. This patch fixes the
simple space quota feature in glance. The feature, as it is now, is
broken since it counts deleted, killed and pending_delete images. This
is a non invasive fix that makes this feature usable.

[0] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/63455/