[Openstack-stable-maint] 2013.2.2 exception requests

Doug Hellmann doug.hellmann at dreamhost.com
Tue Feb 4 17:42:51 UTC 2014

On Fri, Jan 31, 2014 at 5:33 AM, Alan Pevec <apevec at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm opening the thread to discuss proposed exceptions for the
> stable/havana, either breaking the freeze or breaking the backport
> rules.
> I've two for now:
>
> * https://review.openstack.org/69884 - Keystone: significant
> performance improvement, includes db migrations which are verboten in
> general, so my first reaaction was -2. But upon closer look, I think
> this is acceptable since even without running migration code will work
> after upgrade. Migrations are sequential to last in havana (034) so
> 035-036 could be treated like "reserved for Havana backports" like
> Nova did in
> https://github.com/openstack/nova/commit/ab2c467da951071a8aac4eb6ca032371c69053ab
> Of course that means no more db migrations in Keystone Havana!
>
> * https://review.openstack.org/70016 - Horizon: session data type
> change - I'm not a Django expert, so I'd like input for Horizon team
> to verify Kieran's claims that it won't break existing sessions.

I raised this in another thread, but I'll follow-up here so we have all of
the requests in one place:

I'm particularly interested in https://review.openstack.org/#/c/66149/ as a
fix for https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/1251123

DreamHost is using this patch with havana. Without the patch, we had to use
the sql backend for tokens in order to achieve reasonable performance (we
have a few poorly-behaved user scripts with a rather large number of
tokens).

Doug