[Openstack-stable-maint] Keystone 2014.1.2

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Mon Aug 11 09:31:09 UTC 2014

Ihar Hrachyshka wrote:
> On 08/08/14 17:57, Chuck Short wrote:
>> An issue was discovered with Keystone 2014.1.2 stable release
>> tarball shortly after it was uploaded on the release page at:
>> https://launchpad.net/keystone/icehouse/2014.1.2
>
>> A new tarball corresponding to 2014.1.2 code was generated and
>> uploaded: md5sum: c8a85fc2ac76679eb1b674e0c2c65e36
>> keystone-2014.1.2.tar.gz sha1sum:
>> c1d481d8b330e50da5ace19c23e5909c04fa1cba  keystone-2014.1.2.tar.gz
>
>> Please double-check that you got the right one.
>
> I wonder whether it's better to handle those kind of issues with
> releasing another minor release like 2014.1.2.1 for that specific
> package. Modifying tarballs in place sounds similar to e.g. amending
> git commit in place instead of fixing an issue in consequent patches.

I agree. Alan and I made a judgment call based on the number of
downloads, the time the tarball was up, and the fact that only Keystone
was affected... but I think we made the wrong choice. The
delete/recreate tag created more pain, made us think we fixed it while
we didn't, and screwed a number of git checkouts.

Lesson learned: in such cases in the future, just tag a point point
release (which is what we ended up doing to fix the mess anyway).

Cheers,

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)