[Openstack-stable-maint] [openstack-dev] Stable/grizzly

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Thu Oct 10 11:43:29 UTC 2013

On 10/10/2013 06:00 AM, Thierry Carrez wrote:
> Alan Pevec wrote:
>> 2013/10/10 Gary Kotton <gkotton at vmware.com>:
>>> The problem seems to be with the boto python library. I am not really
>>> familiar with this but I have seen this is the last – we may need to update
>>> the requirements again to exclude a specific version.
>>
>> Yeah, it's bad boto update again:
>> -boto==2.13.3
>> +boto==2.14.0
>>
>> Let's cap it as a quickfix, it's stable/grizzly freeze today so we
>> need gates fixed asap!
>
> Do we have a bug filed for this yet ? I'd like to mention it to QA/CI
> folks when they are up.

Hmph. So boto changed their connection function signatures to have a 3rd
argument, and put it second, and nothing has defaults.

The unit tests that blow up here already have some boto special casing,
my inclination is to add more of it for the version at hand. I'm going
to propose something and see if that fixes it (which should be easy to
backport).

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague