[Openstack-stable-maint] Folsom EOL

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Wed Nov 20 10:06:20 UTC 2013

Jeremy Stanley wrote:
> On 2013-11-15 19:29:52 +0000 (+0000), Jeremy Stanley wrote:
> [...]
>>  * openstack/ceilometer
>>  * openstack/cinder
>>  * openstack/glance
>>  * openstack/horizon
>>  * openstack/keystone
>>  * openstack/neutron
>>  * openstack/nova
>>  * openstack/swift
> [...]
>
> I have created signed tags named folsom-eol on the tip of the
> stable/folsom branch in each of the above projects and then deleted
> those branches (after triple-checking they showed up correctly on
> our git mirrors).

Cool, thx for handling this.

>>  * openstack-dev/devstack
>>  * openstack-dev/grenade
>>  * openstack/openstack-manuals
>>  * openstack/oslo-incubator
>>  * openstack/requirements
>>  * openstack/tempest
>
> Any input as to what we should do about the stable/folsom branches
> on each of these? Contact the project teams responsible
> individually, or just treat them like the integrated release stable
> branches?

I would definitely contact the owners before removing the branches. Most
of them are just supporting QA branches so they should cause no trouble.
oslo-incubator should also be a no-brainer. openstack-manuals might be
more complex, as there might be some job out there still publishing old
doc versions, and might make some sense to keep that alive.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)