[Openstack-stable-maint] [OpenStack][stable-maint] In progress exceptions for Cinder backports

Adam Gandelman adamg at canonical.com
Tue May 7 01:44:59 UTC 2013

On 05/06/2013 04:43 PM, Alan Pevec wrote:
> 2013/5/6 John Griffith <john.griffith at solidfire.com>:

> acked, but I'd like to see one more review

> acked, but I'd like to see one more review

> +76, -68 seems big but not that bad upon closer look and it's
> localized to huawei driver
> acked, but I'd like to see one more review

Hey Guys-

I'm probably being a stickler, and I trust John's judgment on proposing
the patches as-is, but I'm a bit concerned about the following:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/28207/

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/28210/

Both commits contain a bug fix plus some other random stuff.   The
former seems trivial but the second not so much.  I realize we've gotten
comfortable with 'git cherry-pick' but should we be more strict about
ensuring backported patches  contain only the minimum required to fix
the bug?  IMHO, I think cherry-pick'ing only works for minimal patches
from master and we should be diligent about NACKing anything into stable
that brings unrelated/unwated changes.

Adam