[Openstack-stable-maint] stable/grizzly freeze WAS Preparing for 2013.1.1 stable/grizzly

John Griffith john.griffith at solidfire.com
Mon May 6 14:24:48 UTC 2013

On Sun, May 5, 2013 at 5:11 PM, Alan Pevec <apevec at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2013/5/4 Adam Young <ayoung at redhat.com>:

> >> I got two requests for exceptions on IRC:
> >>
> >> * Horizon, from Julie: seems to be minor issue but potentially
> >> confusing for the first time users, so I'll approve it
> >>    https://review.openstack.org/#/c/28139/
> >>
> >> * Keystone, from Dolph: no patch yet, critical issue "blurring the
> >> line between bug fix and feature change"
> >>    https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/1175838
> >

> > I'd hold out for this one.  LDAP is broken without it.
>
> Above bug was identified as a duplicate of
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/1168726
> and Dolph is working on a patch https://review.openstack.org/28197
> which hopefully will be ready for backporting soon.
>
> BTW regarding freeze period: I noticed 3 Cinder patches were merged
> post-freeze, without explanation:
> https://review.openstack.org/28199
> https://review.openstack.org/28205
> https://review.openstack.org/28206
>
> They all seem like fine backports for stable, but we still need some
> kind of freeze period before the release.
> Please let's discuss any freeze exceptions on this list or at least
> give justification message when approving so it doesn't look it was
> accidental. Freeze is currently not enforced in Gerrit, but I think
> I'm now going to put temporary -2 to all open reviews, just in case.
>
> Thanks,
> Alan

Hey Folks,

So it looks like I missed the stable release freeze date on a number of
patches.  This is completely my fault, for some reason I had the wrong
freeze date in mind and thought I had until today.

Anyway, there are a three (review links below) fixes that were proposed for
Cinder last week that I'd like to ask for folks to consider an exception if
possible.  I've made sure that said changes don't introduce any huge
modifications this time around and are very minimal risk, and they do
address real valid customer reported bugs.  It would be a shame to have to
wait another round to get these in.

Thanks,
John

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/28212/