[Openstack-stable-maint] [openstack-dev] Call for testing: 2013.1.1 candidate tarballs

Kashyap Chamarthy kchamart at redhat.com
Mon May 6 06:26:20 UTC 2013

On 05/04/2013 02:37 AM, Alan Pevec wrote:
> Hi all,

Heya Alan,

> We are scheduled to publish Nova, Keystone, Quantum, Cinder and
> Horizon 2013.1.1 releases next Thursday (May 9).
> Glance did not have any backports at this time so it will skip
> 2013.1.1 stable release.
> Ceilometer was incubating in Grizzly so it's not covered by the stable
> branch policy but Ceilometer team is preparing 2013.1.1 release on
> their own, to coincide with other 2013.1.1 stable releases.
>
> The list of issues fixed so far can be seen here:
>
>   https://launchpad.net/nova/+milestone/2013.1.1
>   https://launchpad.net/keystone/+milestone/2013.1.1
>   https://launchpad.net/quantum/+milestone/2013.1.1
>   https://launchpad.net/cinder/+milestone/2013.1.1
>   https://launchpad.net/horizon/+milestone/2013.1.1
>
> We'd appreciate anyone who could test the candidate 2013.1.1 tarballs:

Just a note - it'd be handy if a url/pointer for a 'preferred way'/more info to test these
tarballs would be helpful for new folks (like me), just for consistency's sake.

e.g:

- For installation:
	- $ yum install foo (# or for Debian based distros $ apt-install bar )

- For upgrade:
	- do baz

- To provide feedback, use /this/ system.
	- for feedback, send email to this list
 	- to ask a question -- ask.openstack.org

- To report bugs
	- for nova - https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/
	- ...

- For more info
	- url to Release Notes
	- url to Install guide
	- url to download

Point being, just a single email w/ consolidated info to refer to. Would be handy, during
test days, etc. Just bringing this practice from how [Test Announce] from fedora
communities do.

>   http://tarballs.openstack.org/nova/nova-stable-grizzly.tar.gz
>   http://tarballs.openstack.org/keystone/keystone-stable-grizzly.tar.gz
>   http://tarballs.openstack.org/quantum/quantum-stable-grizzly.tar.gz
>   http://tarballs.openstack.org/cinder/cinder-stable-grizzly.tar.gz
>   http://tarballs.openstack.org/horizon/horizon-stable-grizzly.tar.gz
>
> Effective immediately, stable/grizzly branches enter freeze until
> release on Thursday (May 9).

Thanks for your email.

/kashyap

--