[Openstack-stable-maint] Lockutils

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Fri Mar 22 12:11:53 UTC 2013

On Thu, 2013-03-21 at 12:19 +0200, Gary Kotton wrote:
> Hi,
> I think that the following bug fix needs to be backported to Nova -
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/oslo/+bug/1158179.
> Any objections?

Nice find Gary, it turns out to be quite an adventure.

There's some work we should do here beyond the fairly safe fix you've
proposed, but your fix is good for backporting.

The code in Nova stable/folsom isn't actually the Oslo code exactly, but
your fix should apply equally well there too.

I haven't checked what other projects have this code yet.

Also, if this fix doesn't get into Grizzly final for some projects,
we'll need it backported to stable/grizzly too.

Cheers,
Mark.