[Openstack-stable-maint] stable-maint team for stable/grizzly

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Wed Mar 20 16:04:26 UTC 2013

On Wed, 2013-03-20 at 11:33 -0400, Eoghan Glynn wrote:

> > Hey
> >
> > The openstack-stable-maint team will be responsible for the
> > stable/grizzly branches of nova, keystone, glance, cinder, quantum,
> > horizon, oslo-incubator and oslo.config.
> >
> > That team's job is really to evaluate the risk/benefit of a given
> > backported patch and understand the "safe source of fixes for
> > high-impact, user-visible issues" policy documented here:
> >
> >   http://wiki.openstack.org/StableBranch
> >
> > i.e. we keep an eye out for changes proposed to stable/grizzly
> > and then:
> >
> >  * evaluate risk of a patch
> >  * consider how severe the issue is for users
> >  * check that it's already fixed on master
> >
> > Preferably we add a little comment indicating whether a change meets
> > those criteria when adding our +/-2. Also, stable/grizzly reviews
> > need 2
> > +2s from stable-maint members unless the person proposing the
> > backport
> > is also a stable-maint member.
> >
> > The question is ... who should be on the team?
> >
> > Previously, we've included the PTLs and a number of others who are
> > interested in helping out and understand the inclusion criteria.
> >
> >   https://launchpad.net/~openstack-stable-maint/+members#active
> >
> > The outgoing PTLs are bcwaldon, danwent, heckj and vishy. If any of
> > you
> > guys want to remain on the team, just let me know.
> >
> > Daviey, zul, eglynn, garyk, ghe.rivero, mapleoin and pixelbeat - if
> > any
> > of you want to bow out, just let me know.
>
> Count me in please as a continuing member.

Cool.

> > The incoming PTLs are russellb, dolphm, markwash and mark.mcclain.
> > I'll
> > assume all of you want to be added.
>
> Just wondering if the two newly-minted Integrated projects will be
> included in the stable-maint process?
>
> If so, then IMO we should also invite Steve Dake & Julien Danjou
> on board as the respective incoming PTLs for Heat & Ceilo.

No, since they were Integrated in Grizzly. We've typically left it up to
projects to manage this for themselves until they are Integrated.

It would be good to talk both projects through the inclusion policy and
encourage them to maintain a stable/grizzly branch themselves using a
similar policy.

Cheers,
Mark.