[Openstack-stable-maint] 2013.1.3 Status Check

Adam Gandelman adamg at canonical.com
Mon Jul 29 18:23:56 UTC 2013

Hey All-

We're quickly approaching 2013.1.3 release on Thurs Aug 08.  I assume
we'll be freezing stable/grizzly the branches this Thurs Aug 01 in
preparation for next week's release.  The review queue for the stable
branches looks okay ATM, with most Critical bugs fixed.    A few things
as we move closer to freeze:

- Are any projects outside of core expecting a stable release?
Ceilometer, heat, etc?

- The neutron branch has been pretty quiet.  There are a number of bugs
tagged, but not much being proposed for merge.

Lastly, I'd like to bring attention to two bugs that could use some
discussion on the list.  Both fixes can be perceived as introducing new
features, but folks are passionate about landing them in 2013.1.2:

(cinder) solidfire: Add ability to override account prefix
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/35406/ http://pad.lv/1179671

(nova) VNC console does not work with VCDriver
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/38473/ http://pad.lv/1178369

These fixes seem to be driven by the needs of real customers with real
deployments, and are both are isolated to the respective drivers.  I'm
personally in favor of granting a policy exception on these if it
prevents deployers from rolling out with their own patches. What do
others think?

Thanks,
Adam