[Openstack-stable-maint] Merges to stable/folsom

Gary Kotton gkotton at redhat.com
Tue Jan 29 11:26:53 UTC 2013

On 01/29/2013 01:02 PM, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> On Tue, 2013-01-29 at 10:31 +0000, Daviey Walker wrote:
>> Hi Mark,
>>
>> Hope you are well.
>>
>> You've probably noticed that I accepted a few merges to stable/folsom.
>>   I spotted on a comment for one that stable/folsom was in freeze until
>> this Thursday.  I didn't realise this, which is why you will have seen
>> a few land today.
>>
>> I apologise for this, and whilst i'm confident they were safe and the
>> regression potential is low; I am willing to help solve any issues
>> this causes (Including backing them out).
> Thanks for the heads-up. Partly my bad, I should have been keeping a
> closer watch out.

My understanding is that the release date is the 31st. I do not recall
any update about the stable branch being in a frozen state. At last
nights Quantums meeting I mentioned that I was planning to backport some
patches and there were no objections.

> The process isn't perfect, but I'm reluctant to get into the
> complication of doing the equivalent of milestone-proposed for stable
> releases. We'll probably end up doing that eventually, though.

I do not think that we need to be extreme about it, but a sync a few
days before to understand that we are all on the same page would suffice.

> The three changes merged since we froze were:
>
>      https://review.openstack.org/19264
>        nova: Fix to include error message in instance faults
>
>      https://review.openstack.org/20644
>        quantum: LinuxBridge: update status according to admin_state_up

This is not a MUST have for this release. It is very nice to have an
improves the usability. What is the risk - very low. It would be nice to
have https://review.openstack.org/#/c/20677/ in conjunction with this
one. Please note that the patch https://review.openstack.org/#/c/20676/
depends on the aforementioned patch.

>      https://review.openstack.org/20544
>        quantum: Ensure that correct root helper is used

This is an essential fix.