[Openstack-stable-maint] [OpenStack-Infra] Swift bitrot jobs

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Fri Jan 4 09:56:08 UTC 2013

James E. Blair wrote:
> Mark McLoughlin <markmc at redhat.com> writes:
>> Could you take openstack-stable-maint off the notification list for
>> swift bitrot jobs?
>>
>> The stable-maint team doesn't have any involvement with swift (yet?) ...
>> I didn't even know it had a stable/folsom branch
>
> The bitrot jobs are templated such that all stable/folsom bitrot jobs
> email the same address.  However, if you don't care about the
> stable/* branches of swift, it's unlikely anyone does, so we could
> probably just stop running bitrot jobs for swift.
>
>   https://review.openstack.org/18901

Hmm, that's not exactly true. The security team theoretically needs to
be able to land patches on Swift's stable/folsom branch, and letting it
drift too much in a sad state is not really a good idea.

That said, I agree running those jobs while having nobody looking after
their failure is useless. The trouble here is that nobody (stable team,
security team, Swift devs) cares enough about stable/folsom Swift to
maintain it in good shape... so I guess we'll have to wait for some
security issue to pop up and the theoretical need to become a real one.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)
Release Manager, OpenStack