[Openstack-stable-maint] Stable grizzly failures

Pavel Sedlak psedlak at redhat.com
Sun Aug 25 19:09:23 UTC 2013

Generally I fully support

> Note: Dolph proposed to pin keyring to <2.0:
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/43564/

as he explained also in https://bugs.launchpad.net/devstack/+bug/1193164.
This reproducer works (with basic gir1.2 installed, python-gi etc installed).

This 'GnomeKeyring' error appearing in input is a regression between 1.6.1 of python-keyring and 2.0
due to faulty/feature-incomplete merge in https://bitbucket.org/kang/python-keyring-lib/diff/keyring/backends/Gnome.py?diff2=55e8cb1e1848&at=2.0
as there is no 'supported' method, which was doing check without using the guilty 'import GnomeKeyring' directly.

Still it seems that this message is printed by something bellow, like python-gi/gobject inspection etc, python-keyring was doing good job in not triggering it.

So for us, using 1.6.1 is good solution.
But as Matthew pointed out, this actually can and happens also on master branch, even there it does not breaks the tests (for whatever reason, and I did not checked many results).
Still IMO it's bad to have such amount of unexpected messages in output of our commands.
So I would suggest to pin keyring to 1.6.1 also on master/global-reqs as we have there >=1.6.1 and seems there's no reason to require higher.

Just to be safe CCing few people which could know more from keystone/clients PoV so they can warn us if there is any incoming upgrade in reqs from this side.