[Openstack-stable-maint] Stable grizzly failures

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Fri Aug 23 19:20:21 UTC 2013

Thierry Carrez wrote:
> Dolph Mathews wrote:
>> On a related note, I'm ready to release keystoneclient 0.3.2 today:
>>
>>   https://launchpad.net/python-keystoneclient/+milestone/0.3.2
>
> We have python-keystoneclient 0.3.2 available now... Together with
> adding netaddr to the test-requires*, should it be sufficient to work
> around the issue ?
>
> *: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/43402/
>
> Got a couple security fixes lined up that need to land to stable/grizzly :)

We just -2ed a change that disables the tests, which is like the worst
solution ever... as it makes it more difficult to fix the issue.

I mean, we can disable the tests, but it needs to be the result of a ML
discussion, the only way out of the problem, and extremely temporary.

My understanding is that the combination of the keystoneclient 0.3.2
(released a few hours ago) and the addition of netaddr to the
test-requires (under review now, see link above) should fix the issue...
but I'll readily admit that's more a thread summary than an analysis of
the problem. Could someone confirm ?

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)