[Openstack-stable-maint] Preparing for 2013.1.1 stable/grizzly WAS Proposed stable/grizzly release dates

Adam Gandelman adamg at canonical.com
Wed Apr 24 07:43:37 UTC 2013

On 04/22/2013 02:57 PM, Alan Pevec wrote:
> So there was a session, notes are in etherpad [1]
>
> Adam Gandelman (adam_g on irc) and Alan Pevec (apevec on irc) will
> take over, in turns, managing stable/grizzly releases from markmc.
>
> Adam, please join this list
> http://lists.openstack.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/openstack-stable-maint
> I've added you to openstack-stable-maint in Gerrit, welcome to the team!
>
> First stable/grizzly release 2013.1.1 is planned for May 9 - early
> release to pick up critical Grizzly fixes as suggested by Daviey.
> That puts stable freeze date on May 2, which is already next week!
>
> There are 28 open bugs tagged grizzly-backport-potential [2] out of
> that 14 have a patch (status In progress).

Hi Alan-

Thanks for the follow up and adding me to the team.  I've been looking
through the bug and patch queues and had a couple of questions:

-  The LP search you linked to only contains bugs with open tasks.
Adding 'Fix Committed' [1] shows many more that are tagged, fixed in
project's master but not proposed to stable/grizzly.  I assume we should
also make sure these get tracked as well?  I see a few relatively small
patches that seem suitable for stable backport, eg [2]

-  Should core-devs/PTLs be nominating bugs as affecting Grizzly before
someone else proposes a backport?  Or are we only looking for tags?   I
couldn't grok the importance of bug tasks / nominations from the wiki.
Based on experiences elsewhere in the LP/Ubuntu world, I had assumed a
Confirmed bug nomination against Grizzly is confirmation from
PTL/core-dev that the fix is suitable for backporting to stable.

Thanks again,
Adam

[1]
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/+bugs?field.status%3Alist=NEW&field.status%3Alist=FIXCOMMITTED&field.status%3Alist=CONFIRMED&field.status%3Alist=TRIAGED&field.status%3Alist=INPROGRESS&field.status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITH_RESPONSE&field.status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITHOUT_RESPONSE&field.status%3Alist=FIXCOMMITTED&field.tag=grizzly-backport-potential&field.tags_combinator=ANY&search=Search&orderby=-id&start=0

[2] https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/1125637