[Openstack-stable-maint] Proposed stable/grizzly release dates

Alan Pevec apevec at gmail.com
Sun Apr 7 23:06:15 UTC 2013

2013/4/6 Daviey Walker <dave.walker at canonical.com>:
> It's looking like there is a steady stream of post release fixes coming
> through for Grizzly now.  Therefore, I think we should consider a sooner

How soon you had in mind? Would it work to insert 2013.1.1 on May 9th
and then release every 2 months: .2 Jun 6 .3 Aug 8 .4 Oct 10 ?

> release for the first one.  But then, I still maintain that point releases
> isn't something that I think is useful.

That sounds like there was a prior discussion which I missed, so I'm
not sure if I understand right, but taking this to the extreme, we
wouldn't need major releases either and just deploy from trunk.
Was it the idea to maintain stable branch only as a repository of
useful backports?
IMHO best part of releases is a deadline, which usually motivates
people to get work done.

Cheers,
Alan