[Openstack-stable-maint] Patch https://review.openstack.org/#/c/17036/

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Wed Nov 28 17:17:09 UTC 2012

Hey,

On Wed, 2012-11-28 at 12:21 +0200, Gary Kotton wrote:
> Hi,
> There is valid concern about the upgrade procedure with this patch.
> There is a way that we are able to do this without creating an major
> problems:
> 1. Leave the class QuantumLinuxBridgeVIFDriver unchanged
> 2. Add in a new class QuantumLinuxBridgeVIFDriverEnhanced (or if someone
> has a better name). This class will contain the changes. If someone
> wants to benefit fro the changes then she/he will need to update their
> configuration file to:
>
> libvirt_vif_driver=nova.virt.libvirt.vif.QuantumLinuxBridgeVIFDriverEnhanced
> This can be documented and it may treat all of the concerns. Naturally a
> patch upstream will need to be added so that this wil be forward compatible.

Yeah, I think this would work well - linuxbridge users are no longer
required to update Quantum before Nova, they just need to update Quantum
before using the new VIF driver.

So, yep - go for it IMHO. It'll have to wait until after 2012.2.1 though
and will have to happen on master too.

Cheers,
Mark.