[Openstack-stable-maint] Nova folsom backports.

Vishvananda Ishaya vishvananda at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 17:55:37 UTC 2012

Hi Guys,

There were a whole bunch of nova fixes that were marked for backport but hadn't been backported yet. I went through them all (with some help from a few others) and proposed them. Most are very simple little fixes that just need someone to push them in:

https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/nova+branch:stable/folsom,n,z

There are a couple that are tricky/risky:

1) https://code.launchpad.net/bugs/1060255

This is a race for resources which can cause instance launches to fail. This is especially bad for very large instance types that fill up the node (see the duplicate bug). The original patch actually needed two follow on fixes. The first I sqashed into the review because it was small:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/16677/

The second I did as a dependent review because the backport was a little hairy due to refactoring during grizzly so I wanted it to get some attention on its own:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/16771/

2) https://code.launchpad.net/bugs/1078594

This guy is very nasty because it causes people using shared storage to have a bunch of their base images deleted. Review is here:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/16726/

To make the backporting managable it required backporting a couple underlying fixes. The first is probably not something we would usually backport but it will make the nasty fix backport managable:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/16723/
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/16720/

The others should be pretty easy approves (I hope).

Hopefully all of this can go in for the .1 release next week. Sorry it took so long to get them proposed. I was marking bugs as I came across them, but we hadn't taken the time to propose the backports.

Vish