[Openstack-stable-maint] Proposing garyk for stable-maint team

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Thu Nov 1 15:52:24 UTC 2012

On Thu, 2012-11-01 at 15:32 +0000, Daviey Walker wrote:
> On 1 November 2012 14:44, Mark McLoughlin <markmc at redhat.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hey,
> >
> > I figure I'd abuse our new mailing list even though we set it up for
> > Jenkins notifications :)
> >
> > Gary has been doing a tonne of work identifying fixes to backport to
> > Quantum's stable/folsom:
> >
> >   https://review.openstack.org/#/q/branch:stable/folsom+owner:garyk,n,z
> >
> > I think he's showing good judgement about what constitutes a suitable
> > fix for the stable branch. Any objections to adding him to stable-maint?
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Mark.
> >

> Hi,
>
> Some great contributions for stable/folsom quantum.  Does Gary have
> interest in other openstack components?

Probably not so much, but nor do the PTLs on the stable-maint.

> Does Gary understand the relevant processes,

Yes

> and perhaps project specific nuances?

Certainly for Quantum and I'd don't expect him to approve stuff on other
projects which he isn't comfortable with

Gary has basically been doing the stable-maint work that many of the
PTLs of other projects do, that's my thinking here.

Cheers,
Mark.