[Openstack-stable-maint] Nova regression in 2012.2.1

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Tue Dec 4 21:25:20 UTC 2012

Hey

FYI for anyone who hasn't seen it already:

  http://wiki.openstack.org/ReleaseNotes/2012.2.1

  The default of the rpc_control_exchange option for Nova in this
  release is 'openstack' rather than 'nova' - you need to explicitly set
  it to 'nova'. See https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1083944

In the project meeting just now Thierry and I discussed doing another
quick point release with just this fix and any pending security issue
there might be. A snap 2012.2.2 this week might be possible.

Depending on how soon we decide to do it, I may block other Nova fixes
from stable/folsom in the meantime.

Cheers,
Mark.