[Openstack-sigs] Capturing Feedback/Input

Rico Lin rico.lin.guanyu at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 03:42:56 UTC 2018

On Fri, Sep 21, 2018 at 6:31 AM Melvin Hillsman <mrhillsman at gmail.com>
wrote:

> During the TC meeting at the PTG we discussed the ideal way to capture
user-centric feedback; particular from our various groups like SIGs, WGs,
etc.

And I'm so glad to have you there to provide valuable inputs

> Options that were mentioned ranged from a wiki page to a standalone
solution like discourse.

> While there is no perfect solution it was determined that Storyboard
could facilitate this. It would play out where there is a project group
openstack-uc? and each of the SIGs, WGs, etc would have a project under
this group; if I am wrong someone else in the room correct me.

I like the idea to have an openstack-uc group for rest of SIGs/WGs, so we
not limit our self for the timeline of storyboard migration. And we can
also provide a better one window concept (as you mentioned as `centralizing
user-centric feedback`)

I suggest we move current SIGs/WGs storyboard to that new group too, so can
reuse some of the current sig storyboards. I believe some other SIGs/WGs
are more than willing to migrate to StoryBoard (the migration process is
very quick) if we ask.

> The entire point is a first step (maybe final) in centralizing
user-centric feedback that does not require any extra overhead be it cost,
time, or otherwise. Just kicking off a discussion so others have a chance
to chime in before anyone pulls the plug or pushes the button on anything
and we settle as a community on what makes sense.

--
May The Force of OpenStack Be With You,
Rico Lin