[Openstack-sigs] [First Contact][SIG] [PTG] Summary of Discussions

Adam Spiers aspiers at suse.com
Mon Mar 19 13:06:49 UTC 2018

Colleen Murphy <colleen at gazlene.net> wrote:
>This discussion has gone completely off topic. The question from
>Jeremy was about easing language barriers:
>
>On Thu, Mar 15, 2018, at 1:58 PM, Jeremy Stanley wrote:
>
>> Any ideas on whether we should suggest that people who are finding
>> English challenging try to reach out on one of our language-specific
>> mailing lists for a language in which they are more fluent (and then
>> perhaps arrange there for a video conference with another
>> contributor who can help them if that's more convenient)?
>
>The difficulty in setting up an IRC bouncer and whether it is even a
>good idea to encourage or require IRC persistence for OpenStack
>contributors is a completely orthogonal problem, it is absolutely not
>culturally or language specific.

Agreed.

That said, I think the discussions about IRC bouncers / persistence,
Matrix etc. are worthwhile tangents, and my conscience is mostly clean
from starting one sub-thread in that direction, because I changed the
Subject: header accordingly ;-)

(Only "mostly" and not "totally" because it's getting off-topic for
this -sigs list ...)