[Openstack-sigs] [User-committee] [Scientific] Unified limits and hierarchical project use cases

Tim Bell Tim.Bell at cern.ch
Tue Mar 13 19:35:25 UTC 2018

Lance,

Thanks for reaching out. BTW, we're not set on how hierarchical quotas should work but we were trying to write down a possible scenario. There was also quite a lot of interest from other labs so I'm adding the Scientific SIG to the thread.

We also expanded a little on the approach in http://openstack-in-production.blogspot.fr/2017/07/nested-quota-models.html based on some discussions with Sean where he was looking for more detail.

Tim