[Openstack-sigs] [meta] Proposal for self-healing SIG

Adam Spiers aspiers at suse.com
Wed Oct 4 15:38:09 UTC 2017

So far we've received 10 replies to the Google Form survey regarding
creation of a self-healing SIG.  All 10 respondents support the
creation of the SIG, so I think that's a clear mandate to move
forwards with this.

However other aspects were not so clear ...  6 people think the SIG's
scope should be kept just to cloud infrastructure, vs. 3 who thought
it should also include end users and cloud applications.  With such a
small sample population size, that's not a huge majority ;-)

Even more tricky is the issue of what to name the SIG.  Only 4 people
thought that the "self-healing" name is OK; 3 had other ideas for the
name, and 3 more wanted another name but couldn't think of anything
better.  (In fact there would have been 4 in the latter group if I'd
allowed myself to vote.)

I see no hurry to close the poll, so we can just leave it open and see
if any brainwaves appear :-)

That said, I'd prefer to avoid blocking progress on getting the SIG
off the ground simply due to the lack of clear answers to these two
questions.  Even if we don't manage to reach consensus on the name and
scope before Sydney, hopefully it's something we could figure out in
Sydney.  And it should be easy to rename the SIG on the wiki;
presumably likewise with a Forum session.  The only things which would
be a bit trickier to rename would be an IRC channel and IRC meeting,
so maybe we should hold off on creating those at least.

Any other thoughts or suggestions at this point?  Thanks!