[Openstack-sigs] [self-healing] Storyboard for tracking SIG actions?

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Tue Nov 28 22:28:38 UTC 2017

On 2017-11-28 20:42:34 +0000 (+0000), Adam Spiers wrote:
[...]
> That said, it seems to be based on the assumption that all work is
> associated with at least one project (i.e. git repo). Is there a
> way to make it work for a SIG which has no corresponding git repo?

This assumption isn't really baked into Storyboard, but rather our
(OpenStack community infrastructure) setup automation. It's come up
in the past that we should noodle on a solution for "repo-less"
Storyboard project creation integrated with our present automation
model, but the bikeshed^Wdesign discussions mostly break down at the
point where we realize we need to pick some scheme for avoiding
potential future name collisions with new Git repositories.

In prior cases, the need remained hypothetical once the projects in
question realized they were interested in having at least one
revision control space to track some basic documentation and other
assorted artifacts. This may or may not be the case for the
Self-Healing SIG, I have no idea.

It also bears mention that you don't need a project in Storyboard to
be able to use it to create sharable worklists and boards, so long
as your goal is to use them to track tasks which are associated with
other repos/projects.
--
Jeremy Stanley