[Openstack-sigs] [self-healing] tool for tracking actions

Bedyk, Witold witold.bedyk at est.fujitsu.com
Fri Dec 1 13:59:45 UTC 2017

Hi everyone,

The best example of how Storyboard can be used is probably here [1].
In Monasca we use Storyboard because we have many tasks affecting more than one repository.
In the current shape Trello is more intuitive and easy to use. But having feedback from new users would be very important for Storyboard developers.

Below my short judgement about fulfilling the requirements by Storyboard (no responsibility for correctness).

Cheers
Witek

[1] https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/board/41

> I see the requirements for a tracker tool for the SIG as being the
> following:
>
>   - Actions need:
>       - short titles
	Yes

>       - longer descriptions
	Yes

>       - assignments to one or people
	Each task can have one assignee

>       - a workflow state (e.g. "todo", "in progress", "blocked", "done")
	Yes, can be achieved by Worklists.

>   - Gives a quick visual overview of all actions on one screen.
	Overview of tasks/stories in Board.

>   - Can expose all actions to the whole community without requiring
>     login.
	Yes

>   - Editing requires login in order to build an audit trail.
	Yes

>   - Exposes an activity feed.
	Yes

> Nice to haves:
>
>   - Supports rich text markup, e.g. Markdown or RST.
	Markdown supported

>   - Web GUI allows collaborative real-time editing.
	No

>   - Time deadlines.
	Yes

>   - Notification via email.