[Openstack-sigs] [meta] Initial working groups to convert to SIGs

Ed Leafe ed at leafe.com
Mon Aug 7 18:20:06 UTC 2017

On Jul 31, 2017, at 5:32 AM, Thierry Carrez <thierry at openstack.org> wrote:

> The most obvious change would be that your discussions would move to the
> openstack-sigs ML (with a suitable prefix, like [api]). On the bright
> side, that avoids the need to cross-post between -dev and -operators,
> but until "everyone" is on the new list, a few reminder posts might be
> necessary to point people on those lists to the new medium.

We discussed this a bit more at the API-WG meeting last week, and had both positive and negative feelings about this - often on the same points.

For one: we are very small in number. Would converting to a SIG stretch these limited resources farther than we can handle? Or would it attract enough new blood to more than make up for it? Or would there be no net change at all? I’m not expecting an answer to this, as it would just be guessing; I’m just continuing the discussion here.

Would anyone have any ideas about this? Would you expect an increase, decrease, or no net change in workload?

-- Ed Leafe