[Openstack-security] The first version of the Logo for Openstack security project

Charles Neill charles.neill at RACKSPACE.COM
Wed Oct 21 15:49:18 UTC 2015

My vote is for the lock (though the pirate flag is undeniably awesome). Funnily enough, I tried to make basically the exact same thing (OpenStack logo + lock) but failed miserably, so hats off to you, Rachel! Thanks for helping us out with this.

Cheers,

Charles Neill - Software Security Engineer
9001 N. IH 35 #150          Office: 210.312.5560
Austin, TX 78753              Cell: 210.897.1058
Rackspace Hosting - The #1 Managed Cloud Company

From: matt <matt at nycresistor.com<mailto:matt at nycresistor.com>>
Date: Wednesday, October 21, 2015 at 8:10 AM
To: "Clark, Robert Graham" <robert.clark at hpe.com<mailto:robert.clark at hpe.com>>
Cc: "openstack-security at lists.openstack.org<mailto:openstack-security at lists.openstack.org>" <openstack-security at lists.openstack.org<mailto:openstack-security at lists.openstack.org>>, Rachel Grahmann <rachel.grahmann at RACKSPACE.COM<mailto:rachel.grahmann at RACKSPACE.COM>>, "Kelsey, Timothy John" <tim.kelsey at hpe.com<mailto:tim.kelsey at hpe.com>>, "Thierry Carrez (thierry at openstack.org<mailto:thierry at openstack.org>)" <thierry at openstack.org<mailto:thierry at openstack.org>>
Subject: Re: [Openstack-security] The first version of the Logo for Openstack security project

made these years ago for a blog that never went anywhere:

http://surly.bike/secstack-header2.jpg
http://surly.bike/secstack-header1.jpg

looks good!

-Matt

On Wed, Oct 21, 2015 at 4:48 AM, Clark, Robert Graham <robert.clark at hpe.com<mailto:robert.clark at hpe.com>> wrote:
These look good, I'm not sure that we can use any likeness of the OpenStack logo though - I seem to remember this coming up a long time ago.

Thierry knows all things OpenStack (or at least who we should go bug) so I've added him to this thread for clarification: Thierry, who would we need to get permission from (if possible) to have a logo like the ones linked in this thread?

-Rob