[Openstack-security] Changes to the OpenStack Security mailing list.

Clark, Robert Graham robert.clark at hp.com
Tue Mar 31 10:25:36 UTC 2015

Hi OpenStack Security People!

As the OSSG moves to align more with the standard practices of OpenStack
integrated teams we are changing how the mailing list is used. The OpenStack
Security mailing list currently has 643 registered members but most are
consumers only, with most posts coming from automated security notifications
for Security Impact Gerrit tags and Security Bugs from Launchpad.

Any new security related discussions should be started on the OpenStack
development list: openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org and use the [security] tag.

The intention is that once the OSSG leadership elections (soon to be announced)
have completed, we will change the settings on the openstack-security mailing
list, making it largely read-only. The intention is to retain it for security
notifications from Gerrit and Launchpad but general discussions etc should take
place on openstack-dev.

This will increase the exposure of the OSSG, making the team more approachable
and visible to developers while bringing us more in line with the OpenStack way
of conducting our business.

We don't expect this change to be overly disruptive, this has been discussed at
a number of previous IRC meetings but perhaps this email will serve as a
reminder to use openstack-dev for security discussions and to update any email
client filters you might be using.

Cheers
-Rob