[Openstack-security] [openstack/glance] SecurityImpact review request change I0196a6f327c0147f897ae051ee60a8cb11b8fd40

gerrit2 at review.openstack.org gerrit2 at review.openstack.org
Tue Mar 10 13:22:34 UTC 2015

Hi, I'd like you to take a look at this patch for potential
SecurityImpact.
https://review.openstack.org/159129

Log:
commit 99a4b08f790ae8230cdbdd9e35459dd5af4b6325
Author: Flavio Percoco <flaper87 at gmail.com>
Date:   Wed Feb 25 14:50:06 2015 +0100

    Basic support for image conversion

    This patch adds a task for image conversion. It uses `qemu-img` to
    convert images. This tool has support for several image formats.

    The current implementation converts images if and only if the operator
    has configured glance to do so. That is, the `convert_to_format` option
    has been set.

    There are few things about this patch that should be improved by
    follow-up patches. The first one is the fact that it relies on the
    entry_points order for task execution. Although this works, it is not
    the most flexible/controllable way to do it. The second thing is that it
    relies on the aforementioned configuration option to enable/disable the
    task (as in, it becomes a non-op). There should be an explicit way to
    enable/disable tasks.

    Since both things mentioned in the previous paragraph affect the task
    management in general, I've decided to let the fix for a follow-up
    patch.

    DocImpact
    SecurityImpact

    Partially-implements blueprint: new-upload-workflow
    Partially-implements blueprint: basic-import-conversion

    Change-Id: I0196a6f327c0147f897ae051ee60a8cb11b8fd40