[Openstack-security] Looking to setup a meeting for discussion of data processing chapter

michael mccune msm at redhat.com
Thu Jan 22 17:37:18 UTC 2015

hey folks,

i'm looking to setup a time for a google hangout to talk about some
issues with the creation of the data processing chapter for the security
guide.

one of the areas that is becoming problematic with regards to the
documentation is the boundaries that we will draw for advice. the data
processing service deploys several technologies(e.g. Hadoop) which have
quite deep security related configurations. there is concern that we
will not be able to cover these as well as the upstream communities.

also, i have a few questions in terms of the scope of our effort in general.

i have an etherpad[1] up with the ideas that i've been compiling for the
chapter content. i welcome comments to be added inline, this is very
much work in progress.

thanks,
mike

[1]: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/sahara-security-guide-notes