[Openstack-security] [Anchor] Almost security-impact review - getting rid of openssl

Pitucha, Stanislaw Izaak stanislaw.pitucha at hp.com
Tue Aug 11 00:53:58 UTC 2015

Just to follow up - the patch is now complete and ready for reviews at https://review.openstack.org/204368
It does not use pycrypto after all but cryptography.io - but only for the actual crypto; certificate parsing / modifications use pyasn1.

This enabled DSA in addition to RSA. Other signatures will be also available soon.
Overall, I think the change was even better than I originally expected. While openssl is still accessed, it's only via small part of cryptography.io. It's also not used for any of the user input.

Best Regards,
Stanisław Pitucha