[Openstack-security] [openstack/neutron] SecurityImpact review request change I3c66e92cbe8883dcad843ad243388def3a96dbe5

gerrit2 at review.openstack.org gerrit2 at review.openstack.org
Tue Apr 28 23:28:14 UTC 2015

Hi, I'd like you to take a look at this patch for potential
SecurityImpact.
https://review.openstack.org/157097

Log:
commit 4c4f1fc8cb955bc85098139290dcf678a0dfe2c9
Author: Juergen Brendel <jbrendel at cisco.com>
Date:   Thu Feb 26 13:51:04 2015 +1300

    ARP spoofing patch: Data structures for rules.

    ARP cache poisoning is not actually prevented by the firewall
    driver 'iptables_firewall'. We are adding the use of the ebtables
    command - with a corresponding ebtables-driver - in order to create
    Ethernet frame filtering rules, which prevent the sending of ARP
    cache poisoning frames.

    The complete patch is broken into smaller patch sets for easier review.

    This patch set here includes the some classes for the maintenance of ebtable
    chains and rules.

    Note:
        This commit is based greatly on an original, now abandoned patch,
        presented for review here:

            https://review.openstack.org/#/c/70067/

    Full spec can be found here: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/129090/

    SecurityImpact

    Change-Id: I3c66e92cbe8883dcad843ad243388def3a96dbe5
    Implements: blueprint arp-spoof-patch-ebtables
    Related-Bug: 1274034
    Co-Authored-By: jbrendel <jbrendel at cisco.com>