[Openstack-security] [openstack/neutron] SecurityImpact review request change I3a361d6590d1800b85791f23ac1cdfd79815341b

gerrit2 at review.openstack.org gerrit2 at review.openstack.org
Thu Oct 30 12:28:59 UTC 2014

Hi, I'd like you to take a look at this patch for potential
SecurityImpact.
https://review.openstack.org/130834

Log:
commit 91f27fecf84bd95b41a1e2c15448a02cc23f4dc5
Author: abhishekkekane <abhishek.kekane at nttdata.com>
Date:   Tue Oct 21 04:15:15 2014 -0700

    Eventlet green threads not released back to pool

    Presently, the wsgi server allows persist connections. Hence even after
    the response is sent to the client, it doesn't close the client socket
    connection. Because of this problem, the green thread is not released
    back to the pool.

    In order to close the client socket connection explicitly after the
    response is sent and read successfully by the client, you simply have to
    set keepalive to False when you create a wsgi server.

    Added a parameter to take advantage of the new(ish) eventlet socket timeout
    behaviour. Allows closing idle client connections after a period of time, eg:

    $ time nc localhost 8776
    real    1m0.063s

    Setting 'client_socket_timeout = 0' means do not timeout.

    DocImpact:
    Added wsgi_keep_alive option (default=True).
    Added client_socket_timeout option (default=900).

    SecurityImpact

    Closes-Bug: #1361360
    Change-Id: I3a361d6590d1800b85791f23ac1cdfd79815341b