[Openstack-security] OSSG Lead Candidacy

Clark, Robert Graham robert.clark at hp.com
Wed Oct 15 18:50:00 UTC 2014

Friends,

After discussing this with a number of you and reaffirming support from my employer it gives me great pleasure to announce my
candidacy for leadership of the OpenStack Security Group.

We've achieved a magnificent amount in the last six months, developing existing processes and inventing some cool new technologies!
Security notes are providing serious value to the community with almost 40 issued. Bandit - the static analysis framework built by
several OSSG members is now in stackforge and ready for primetime. Additionally we had our first mid-cycle meet up in Seattle, which
was a resounding success - it was great to break bread with so many of you.

In the future I'd like to continue with these high visibility initiatives, I'd like see core OpenStack projects adopting Bandit and
engaging with the Threat modelling process - we learned at the meet up that without support from core's it doesn't work. The
credibility we have built up over the last release is allowing us to positively engage with developers on this work.

To reiterate, I think we've come a long way, we've achieved a heck of a lot but there's a lot more to do, big problems to solve and
significant barriers to overcome. We've built up a great amount of momentum and it would be my honour to continue driving this
forward for the next release.

Thanks,

-Rob