[Openstack-security] Elections for OSSG lead

Bryan D. Payne bdpayne at acm.org
Wed Oct 15 18:48:15 UTC 2014

Fair question.  Perhaps Rob can provide some details as he is the current
lead?

I have also served in this role (in an unelected capacity!) in the past.  I
found the lead position to take a fair amount of time... perhaps 5-10 hours
per week.  Tasks include:

- setting the overall direction for the group and making that vision a
reality
- running the weekly IRC meetings
- coordinating with the team leads to ensure work is progressing (this
currently includes OSSN, book, and threat modeling)
- coordinating mid-cycle meetups
- advocating for security throughout the openstack community (mailing list,
conference talking slots, etc)
- serving as a liaison to the VMT

I'm probably missing some things too.  I'll let Rob fill in the remaining
details :-)

Cheers,
-bryan