[Openstack-security] Fixing errors in issued OSSNs

Nathan Kinder nkinder at redhat.com
Fri May 30 17:15:03 UTC 2014

On 05/30/2014 09:36 AM, Bryan D. Payne wrote:
> I vote for cutting OSSN-0013-1 and then, to the extent possible,
> ensuring that this new one replaces the old one in all of our
> publication locations.

+1.  This should replace the original published version everywhere.  The
only thing we can't do is to strike is the history from the mailing list
archive, but we can publish the new revision to the mailing lists.

To prevent this situation in the future, we need to test any workarounds
that we publish in an OSSN.  I added a brief section about testing to
the Process page after learning about the problems with OSSN-0013 yesterday:

  https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Security/Security_Note_Process#Testing

Anyone reviewing a pending OSSN should not hesitate to ask if a
workaround has actually been tested by the author.

I'm working on testing a new workaround for OSSN-0013.

Thanks,
-NGK