[Openstack-security] OSSN Advisories

Clark, Robert Graham robert.clark at hp.com
Fri May 30 14:01:11 UTC 2014

Hi Nigel,

There are two forms of security notification that come out of the
OpenStack project. OpenStack Security Advisories and OpenStack Security
Notes (OSSA and OSSN respectively).

An OSSA is a significant issue in the OpenStack code base and is
typically accompanied by the relevant patch for the vulnerability in the
supported releases that are affected. OSSAs are created by the VMT
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Vulnerability_Management and are
announced on the openstack-announce mailing list:

OSSNs are 'security notes' - created by the OpenStack Security Group to
address security issues that didn't qualify for an OSSA - perhaps
because they relate to an issue that won't be fixed etc. They are
announced on openstack-dev and here on openstack-security.

Hope this helps
-Rob

http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-announce/2014-May/subject.html?