[Openstack-security] Security Anti-Patterns

Tristan Cacqueray tristan.cacqueray at enovance.com
Thu May 29 14:59:41 UTC 2014

On 05/28/2014 11:55 PM, Bhandaru, Malini K wrote:
> Hello Everyone!
>
> Can you think of a security anti-pattern? Share them and help make OpenStack more secure.
>
> Below is an excerpt from the wiki under development  -- https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Security/OpenStack_Security_Impact_Checks

Thank you Malini!
I added some classic anti-pattern to the list.

Now I wonder how to verify those automatically.
I'm afraid grep won't be enough, we might want to look at a simple ast
representation that we can use to inspect dangerous function call.

Would a PoC that highlight subprocess call with shell=True still be
useful or do we already have something in mind ?

Best regards,
Tristan